Monday, June 6, 2011

The Greater Number 3: The Simian Connection part 3

  That night, as Darion slept, the spirit of Shwama Po visited him in his dreams.  He had died before he could impart all his wisdom to the 32nd king of Shangri La.  His appearance is what is known as a crisis apparition. His work was not done and he returned to tie up loose ends.
  Darion looked upon the deceased 31st king of Shangri La and wept.  "Why did you make me your king? I'm a doctor.  That's insufficient experience to be a royal majesty."
  The spirit of the dead king was able to stand since spirits do not suffer as the flesh suffers.  He clasped Darion's hand in his.  "Your Highness, you will stay here for three nights.  I shall help you by imparting my meager wisdom and knowledge, but you must come up with the answer."
  "The answer.  What answer?"
  "When you came into the gates of this city, what was written on the gate?"
  Darion closed his eyes in concentration to try and visualize the inscription on the gate.  "Uh, yeah.  I remember.  It said, 'Love is all good people need'."
  Shwama Po looked pleased.  "Good remembering, your majesty.  And by the end of your third night here, you will know the answer.  Then you will lead a mighty host against he who calls himself, Hadji."
  Darion snatched back his hand and chewed on the skin on his index finger.  It was a nervous habit from childhood.  "I'm gonna what?  I'm a doctor, not a super hero!"
  Shwama put his hand on Darion's shoulder.  "First I will give you knowledge, then I will share with you my wisdom, then we will see how heroic you can be.  Before anything else, you need a little history lesson."
  Darion rolled his eyes.  "Great.  I always sucked at History.  That's why I became a doctor.  I am a man of science.  If I can't see it with my eyes, I can't know it for sure."
  "Don't worry, as a scientist, I think you will appreciate what I am about to tell you.  Lots of science."
  "Oh good.  You were beginning to scare me with all that History talk."
  "Are you familiar with the story of the sixth day of creation?"
  "You mean from the Bible when God created Adam and Eve?"
  "That is the incident of which I speak.  Did you know that it was not the first sixth day?"
  Darion sat down.  "You got me there, partner.  You got some serious 'splainin' to do."
  "Well, you must know that in the creation of life, intelligence is always created on the sixth day."
  "Okay, but let's get back to the Bible not being the first sixth day."
  "Yes.  The first sixth day happened when life was created on my planet."
  Darion straightened up in his chair.  "Aha, I knew it!  Y'all are aliens.  You got your blue skin and those holes in the backs of your necks."
  "Yes, we are what your dolphins used to be.  But that's not the story I'm telling right now.  I'm telling you the story of how we were given intelligence.  God's chosen instrument of intelligence bearing is supernovas."
  "The science of which completely eludes me, but go ahead."
  "Humans have not figured out all of God's tricks.  But anyway, there was a supernova which brought with it the necessary ingredients for intelligence."
  "Now you just hold on a minute.  You said this was the sixth day.  How could there be a supernova?  A star lives millions, if not billions of years before it goes supernova."
  "Time doesn't work the same way in the spirit world as it does on the physical plane.  To God, a day could be a thousand years.  Here, time is linear.  On the Other Side, it's more circular, if you can grasp that."
  "Ehhh.  Just keep going with your story, please.  I wanna hear this."
  "So we, the Shangri were given the breath of life.  And that is all I will tell you tonight."
  "Holy crap, man.  There's more?"  Darion woke up and shared breakfast with his fellow human survivors.  All day, he thought about the things he had learned, wondering where this history lesson was heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment