Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Porcelain

  I had never even been in a loving relationship before I wrote this, but I imagined what it would be like to lose the one you love because you take them for granted.

Porcelain

When I procured the doll I had
I put it on the highest shelf
A pretty thing, all frail and nice
'Twas left up there all by itself
For years and years it stayed aloft
And slowly did I cease to look
With other things upon my mind
My doll for granted had I took
One night I heard a horrid sound
My doll had gone over the edge
For in my absence did it find
the rest to end all restlessness
Instinct dictates that we try to repair
Attempts were in vain, not a wish, not a hope
And I knew that my dolly was hopelessly broke
With a tear in my eye and her head in my hand
Did I mourn for the loss of my beautiful doll
From years of neglect had she gone to the ledge
And I knew deep inside that it all was my fault
Sometimes you have things you love but forget
You never know til they're taken away
All that you had and the love hidden deep
And there's nothing on earth that can ever replace

No comments:

Post a Comment