Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yardsale

  I love going to yard sales.  One day I imagined what it would be like to have to sell the possessions of a deceased loved one.

Yardsale

verse 1: Someone just bought a frame
which once held a picture of you
I'm lonely and miss you so tell me
now what should I do?
Gone are the slippers you bought
but not once did you wear
I reminisce in vain of all
the times that we once shared
I just sold the old toaster
which burned your bread day after day
These tangible memories of days of past
all flown away
Chorus: What should the price be for
taking a piece of my heart?
With things I shall never forget
I forever depart
These people know not of the pain
they cause me for a buck
To think of what's gone now would
utterly be far too much
verse 2: A book with a bookmark within
now you never will read
You got part way through and
lost patience on page 93
All the objects to which I've become
so emotionally attached
Are one by one leaving to never
return and come back
Repeat Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment