Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tears of An Angel

  This is the true story of a girl I went to school with when I was in the 6th grade in El Paso, TX.  She had some sort of medical condition that caused her to cry uncontrollably at certain times of the day.  The kids at school treated her cruelly for this.  I befriended her, but lost touch after I moved to a different school the next year.

Tears of An Angel

Long ago I found a package
with no bow or colored wrap
sitting all alone and lonely
so I went to look at it
Now I knew this box was fragile
so I handled it with care
No one else had seemed to want it
although, why I'm not aware
What I saw there was a package
not just wrapping and a box
It's what's inside that counts and
just for me it opened up
There within I saw an angel
beautiful in every way
The greatest gift I'd ever gotten
I remember to this day
I always wish the best for you
wherever you may be
Your tears should never be for pain
Let no one make them be

No comments:

Post a Comment