Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dare and the Warp Zone

  This is part 2 in my seven-part series of stories involving characters from some of my favorite movies.  In this I changed formats a little in the story telling.  I also added new characters like Wayne and Garth from the movie Wayne's World.

Dare and the Warp Zone

Doc: "Einstein is barking like crazy."
Wayne: "Good call, Doc."
Luke: "Terminator, 11 O' clock."
Garth: "Ka-boom!!!"
Wayne: "He shoots, he scores!"
Everybody: "Excellent!"
Luke: "There's been a lot of Terminators roaming around lately.  Do you think my dad, I mean Darth Vader, survived the explosion at Cyberdyne?"
Wayne: "Shyeeeaahh!  And monkeys might fly out of my butt!"
Garth: "As if."
Bill: "We're back from our spy mission."
Ted: "Somehow, Darth Vader is still alive."
Bill: "Pretty bogus, huh?"
Wayne: "I think I'm gonna hurl."
Marty: "Any great ideas, Paul?"
John: "Yeah, who do we bring back from the past now?"
Paul: "How about Virginia Dare?"
Wayne: "Exsqueeze me?  Baking powder?  I believe you just told me you wanted to brink back a girl that disappeared at Roanoke in the 16th century."
Paul: "That's why she's perfect.  She never got to know the world so she'll bring with her fresh new ideas.  What do you think?"
Garth: "I would just have to say 'asphinctersayswhat'."
Paul: "What?"
Garth: "Exactly."
Paul: "All we have to do is send one person to save her from whatever fate befell the colonists of Roanoke, and another person to reacquire her at a later date."
Wayne: "Why don't we just bring her as a baby, to...how old do you want her to be?"
Paul: "Around twenty-five, I guess."
Wayne: "OK, 2029 minus 25 equals 2004.  We bring her to the year 2004 and she'll appear here at the age of 25.  It'll be easy."
Garth: "Not!"
Paul: "That could work.  What if she dies some time between 2004 and 2029?"
John: "We can get another Terminator, like the one we sent to 1994 to help me.  We just program it to protect her through the years."
Wayne: "That's do-able."
John: "That reminds me.  I'm really worried about my mom.  I want to go check up on her in the year 1984."
Marty: "Again?  Stop torturing yourself."
Doc: "You risk the chance of her seeing you."
Luke: "Besides, she's not a mission priority."
John: "Well, forget you, she's a priority to me!  I'm going to see my mom, Doc, and I order you to help me."
Doc: "We'll have to use Cyberdyne's time machine."
John: "I hate that.  You always end up naked."
Doc: "I have solved that problem.  I have a material shrinker.  It's a machine that can shrink and regrow anything.  If we shrink some clothes, we can hold them in our mouths and regrow them in the past.  The shrinker will also fit into your mouth."
John: "Sounds weird, but it might work."
Paul: "Bill, Ted, I need your help.  We're gonna go get Virginia dare from the year 1589."
Bill and Ted: "Excellent!"
Luke: "I'll get the Terminator from Cyberdyne and Marty and I can reprogram it.  After that, Wayne and Garth can take it and meet you in 2004."
Wayne and Garth: "We're not worthy!"
Marty: "OK, I'll take back the Terminator.  You two stay here and wait for all of us to come back."

In 1984
John: "There's my mom.  Doc, where are you?"
Doc: "I never thought about the saliva on the clothes.  It grew and is soaking me to the bone."
Sarah: "Excuse me, do you have the time?"
John: "Mom?  I mean, Sarah?  I mean, it's 10:36."
Sarah: "Do I know you?"
John: "Yeah, I think you know my mom."
Ginger: "Hey, Sarah, he's kind of cute.  Go for it."
Sarah: "Listen...what's your name again?"
John: "Bob!  I mean, my name is Bob."
Sarah: "Listen, Bob, you wanna catch a movie some time?"
John: "I'd better call you."
Doc: "Bob?"
John: "I don't know."
Doc: "Is it me, or does your mother have the hots for you?"
John: "This is heavy."
Doc: "Let me see that picture of your mother."
John: "The one where she's pregnant with me?"
Doc: "Yes, that one...It's just as I thought.  Look at the picture now, she's not pregnant."
John: "What does that mean?"
Doc: "It means she'll fall in love with you and she'll never meet your dad, Kyle Reese.  You will never be born and the world will end on Judgment Day."
John: "Well, the Terminator and my dad haven't been sent back yet.  If I can get my mom to forget about me before then, we'll be OK, right?"

Meanwhile, back in 1589
Paul: "I'll grab the baby.  You two get the phone booth ready for traveling to 2004."
Bill: "This is kidnapping!"
Paul: "She's gonna disappear anyway."

Back at Cyberdyne in 2029
Luke: "Hi, dad."
Darth Vader: "Luke, join me and we can rule the universe together, father and son."
Luke: "Dad, I came to get a Terminator, not to get some boring lecture about ruling the universe with you."

Back at the Rebel base
Marty: "Luke is taking way too long."
Wayne: "Good call, Marty."
Marty: "I'm gonna find him."
Garth: "No way!"
Marty: "Way!"
Wayne: "Go, then."
Marty: "I'm gone."
Wayne: "Then go."
Marty: "I am."
Marty gets into the DeLorean and starts driving towards Cyberdyne.  A T-1000 shapes his finger into a key and gets into the car.  It copies Marty's shape and hits him on the head, leaving him to crash in the car.  The T-1000/Marty goes to the Rebel Base.
T-1000/Marty: "Hi, Wayne.  Hi, Garth."
Wayne: "That was fast."
Just then, a car crashes through the wall and runs over the T-1000.  The real Marty is OK and just killed the T-1000.
Wayne: "We thought that was the real you."
Garth: "He would have killed us.  Thanks, Marty.  I love you."
Marty: "Yeah, I know."
Garth: "No, man, I love you."
Wayne: "Just say thanks."
Marty: "Thanks."

Back in 1984
John: "Doc, she invited me to a movie."
Doc: "Don't go.  Call her and tell her you can't go."
John: "OK."

After the phone call
Sarah: "That creep!  Bob cancelled our date."
Ginger: "I'm gonna be with my boyfriend.  Will you be OK?"
Sarah: "I'll just go to Tech Noir.  Besides, Buster still loves me.  Don't you?"
Ginger: "That's disgusting.  How can you kiss a lizard?"
John: "We have to find a way to get her to fall in love with Reese.  He's in town by now, right?"
Doc: "There she is.  She's coming out of her apartment.  Let's follow her."
John: "Why?"
Doc: "If we acquire the Terminator, we can program him to not kill Sarah, but to be killed by Reese."
John: "I don't quite follow."
Doc: "If Reese kills the Terminator and saves Sarah's life, then she'll fall in love with him."

At Tech Noir
Doc: "We're late."
John: "The Terminator is gonna blow her away!"
John uses the shrinker and shrinks the Terminator.
Sarah: "Bob!!  You saved my life!"
John: "Oh no."
Doc: "I'll get the Terminator.  You get your dad."
John: "Sarah, there's someone I want you to meet.  This is Kyle Reese."
Sarah: "Hi, Reese.  Bob, that was so cool, what you did."
Reese: "John, is that you?  What are you doing here?"
Sarah: "That's Bob.  He's here with me."

Back at Cyberdyne in 2029
Darth Vader: "Luke, you are almost a Jedi Knight."
Luke is hiding.  They are dueling with light sabers.
Darth Vader: "If you won't join me, maybe John will.  Sarah Connor is your twin sister."
Luke comes out and swings his light saber at Darth Vader.
Ching!!!
Luke: "So, I'm John's uncle?"
Ching!!!
Darth Vader: "Yes, you and Sarah were separated at birth.  Your real mother gets killed in 1984 by a Terminator.  Sarah dies before Judgment Day.  That's why you must join me to rule the universe."
Ching!!!
Luke: "Never!"
Ching!!!
Luke jumps out of a window and staggers back to base with a shrunken Terminator in his pocket.
Wayne: "OK, Marty, reprogram the Terminator and then take it to 2004."

In 2004
Blue flashes of light appear and then a DeLorean hovers and lands safely near the phone booth.
Paul: "OK, I hope this works out."
Bill, Ted, Paul and Marty go back to the future.  All of a sudden a lady and a Terminator appear.
Wayne: "She's a babe!  Schwing!"
Garth: "If she was a candy bar, she'd be Baby Ruth."
Wayne: "She will be mine.  Oh yes, she will be mine."
Terminator: "I need a vacation."
Bill: "I'm Bill S. Preston Esquire."
Ted: "I'm Ted Theodore Logan."
Wayne: "I'm Wayne Campbell."
Garth: "I'm Garth Algar."
All four: "And together we are Wyld Stallyns!"
Virginia: "Party on Wyld Stallyns!"
Wyld Stallyns: "Party on Virginia Dare."

Back in 1984
Doc: "I reprogrammed the Terminator to act dead and not kill Sarah.  We have to get Sarah to watch Reese kill the Terminator.  John, why don't you invite her to a movie.  At the movie, excuse yourself to get popcorn or something.  The Terminator will attack Sarah and Reese will shoot him and the Terminator will pretend to die.  We don't want to waste a perfectly good Terminator.  After that, we make sure the Sarah in the picture is pregnant before we go back to the future."

At the movie
John: "Sarah, I'm gonna go get some popcorn."
Sarah: "Come back soon, Bob."
John: "Doc, send in the Terminator."
Doc: "The projector broke down in the theater.  The lights are on.  It's too risky."
Theater Manager: "The people are going crazy in there!"
Konk!!!
Doc: "John, why'd you do that?"
John: "If I get his clothes and pretend to be the theater manager, I can keep Sarah in there long enough for Reese to shoot the Terminator."
John/Theater Manager: "It's going to be OK."
John is on the stage trying to calm the people down.
Terminator: "Sarah Connor."
On the stage, John realizes that his hand is disappearing.
Reese: "Hey, get your slimy paws off the girl."
Blam!!!  Reese shoots the Terminator.
Terminator: "I've fallen and I can't get up."
John runs off the stage and goes to Doc.
Doc: "She has to kiss him."
As if on cue, they kiss.
Doc: "Look at the picture.  She's pregnant!  Mission accomplished!  Let's go back to the future."

In 2029
Paul: "They're back!  We're all here now.  Let's go kick some robot butt!"

At Cyberdyne
Darth Vader: "I've set up another time bomb."
Virginia: "Wayne, we're all gonna die!  I hate you!"
Darth Vader: "The bomb goes off in ten seconds.  One, two, three, ten."
Boooom!!!
Darth Vader: "Virginia, I love you."
Virginia Vader: "I love you too."
Darth Vader: "You didn't really think she'd end up with Wayne, did you?"
Wayne: "As if.  As if we'd really end the story like that."
Garth: "Let's do the Scooby Doo ending."
Wayne: "That's do-able."
Paul: "They're back!  We're all here now.  Let's go kick some robot butt!"

At Cyberdyne
Wayne: "Let's see who the real Darth Vader is."
Everybody: "Rufus?!"
Ted: "We fired Rufus as our band manager."
Bill: "He was going to ruin Wyld Stallyns."
Rufus: "And I would have succeeded if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
Einstein: "Good going, Raggy!"
Garth: "Let's do the mega-happy ending."
Paul: "They're back!  We're all here now.  Let's go kick some robot butt!"

At Cyberdyne
Darth Vader: "I've set up a time bomb.  Let's get out."
Everybody: "Exsqueeze me?"
Darth Vader: "I'm joining the Rebels because I've learned that while having a mask and cape can get you far in this world, it can't get you friends."
Virginia: "I love you, Wayne."
Luke: "John, I'm your uncle."
John: "What?"
Luke: "Sarah and I are twins.  That makes you my nephew."
John: "That makes Darth Vader my grandfather."
Darth Vader: "I love you, John.  I love you, Luke."

No comments:

Post a Comment