Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tootsie Pop, Blow Pop or Dum Dum?

  This was just a random thought I wrote down some time during my college years.

  One of my problems is also something that can be used as a strength.  I have a fast moving mind and I'm not afraid to speak it.  I usually end up sating the first thing that comes to my head and that's not always the best thing to do.  I'm never sure if I'm being shallow or deep.
  All my friends who have known me for some time know that you can't always just take what I say literally.  You can get one meaning from that, but if you think about it, I'm really saying something else completely.
  It's like a lollipop.  You can take what's on the outside for all it's worth, but sometimes there's something hidden in the middle.  Sometimes, like a Blow Pop, you get to the middle and it's sweet and you can chew on it for a little while.  Sometimes, like a Tootsie Pop, you get to the middle and it's sweet, but you only chew it up and swallow it.  Sometimes, like a Dum Dum, you get to the middle and all you're left with is a soggy stick which you throw away.
  When I'm getting deep where there's something sweet in the middle, there are only a few different flavors on the outside.  Like Tootsie Pops or Blow Pops, the real treat is in the middle, so there is limited selection of assorted flavors.
  When I'm not being deep, I say all kinds of things.  Like a Dum Dum, since all you have is the flavor you start with, there are many different flavors to choose from, but you probably won't like all of them.
  The point is, no matter what, you suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment