Tuesday, January 11, 2011

House of Cards

  This is a song Kayla and I wrote as Chief Loh.  You can hear it at indiependencemusic.net.  There is a link to that website at necrolepsy.blogspot.com.

House of Cards

Chorus: Here, in the house made of cards is my heart
(I kept myself from feeling)
With a life full of scars I am hurt
(I kept my heart from healing)
Lift me up
(Lift me up)
Words are their weapon of choice and they cut
(Your hands are heavy on me)
Like a blade they can only bring blood
(You've left your mark upon me)
Give me love
(Give me love)

Verse 1: Wouldn't you like to believe you could
find an escape or a place to stay?
Would it be nice to be safe and be out of harm's way?
Could it be something they said to you?
Made you believe you weren't anything
Made you a puppet
Their money was pulling your strings

Repeat Chorus

Verse 2: Did you believe they were giving you
something you could give to everyone?
Was it a sacrifice or was it dollars and cents?
Now with a different point of view
Would you believe in just anyone?
In your opinion should everyone make it make sense?

Repeat Verse 2

Repeat Chorus
(Couldn't believe that I trusted you)

No comments:

Post a Comment