Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Scar Chasm

  This is a song I wrote while I was in Shadow Puppets.  I had just left the church I had been in for seven years and I had just broken up with my girlfriend.  There was some country song I heard that said, "Faith hope and love are some good things he (God) gave us, but the greatest is love."  That song gave me the idea for the lyrics to my song.

Scar Chasm

(Spoken) Faith, hope and love

Verse 1: Faith is the leash that I gnawed with my teeth
as I clawed my way back from the stain of insanity
I'm broken!
Ashes to ashes to ashes to ashes to dust

Chorus: Give me a pill, give me a pill
so I won't kill you
Give me an ear, a shoulder to cry on
so I won't kill myself
Scar chasm

Verse 2: Hope is a word that I use just to keep from
scratching my eyes out, succumbing to gravity
What tomorrow holds can be a blessing
or a tragedy

Repeat Chorus

Verse 3: Love, Oh God, I wanted someone
I reached out my hand and felt the menace
of a soul who knows not how to trust
Revoked my right to make my feelings known

Repeat Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment