Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Name's Not Brian

  This is a dialog I wrote back when I was in college.  I wrote it for a Screenwriting class in which I got to see it acted out by actors who were in the class as well.

1: Hi, Brian.
2: My names' not Brian.
1: Neither's mine.  Good day.
2: Wait a minute, you just gonna leave me with that?
1: Well, if neither of us is named Brian, then we obviously don't have much in common.  What would we possibly have to talk about?
2: Even if my name was Brian, yours isn't so what would we have in common?
1: We wouldn't.  And I don't talk to strangers.  Good day.
2: Even if both of us were named Brian, we're still strangers.
1: But then we'd have something in common.
2: And...
1: And we'd have something to talk about.
2: So...
1: So after talking a while we wouldn't be strangers anymore.
2: But you and I have been standing here talking to each other for the last five minutes.  Are we still strangers?
1: No.
2: Well then, nice to meet you.  My name's Kurt.
1: So's mine.  Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment